Date 10 December 2015
cc. KSA Executive
The President – UFAK
The President – WKF
Dear KSA Membership
1. The arbitration between KSA and SASCOC has been settled as follows:
1.1. KSA is reinstated as a member of SASCOC immediately and the reinstatement applies retrospectively from 12 August 2015.
1.2. The purported appointment of Mr Mubarak Mohamed as administrator of KSA is withdrawn immediately and the withdrawal applies retrospectively from 15 September 2015.
1.3. SASCOC will be paying KSA’s legal costs.
2. The settlement of the arbitration vindicates KSA’s decision to bring an urgent application against SASCOC and Mr Mohamed, and to proceed to arbitration regarding the disputed decision purportedly terminating KSA’s membership and appointing an administrator.
3. As President, I would like to thank the KSA legal committee, the KSA Management committee, the KSA Executive committee and you, the KSA membership, for their loyal support during this testing period.
4. KSA thanks its lawyers Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc. and Adv. Willem van Aswegen for their assistance.
5. KSA looks forward to working with SASCOC in the best interest of our athletes and members.
6. KSA wishes all of its members all the best over the festive season and blessed new year.
Yours sincerely, Oss!